Standardized testing from the comfort of home!
In Hawaii, homeschooled families are required to test in grades 3, 5, 8, and 10. Many families, also opt to test in the other grades to meet the annual report requirement.
Christian Homeschoolers Of Hawaii is pleased to participate in the Academic Achievement Study and partner with BJU Press Testing and Evaluation to offer the Iowa Assessments from home.
When you test with CHOH & BJU, CHOH will receive a group report (based on ANONYMOUS student data), allowing us to showcase to legislators the success of home educated students.
- Choose between Online Testing OR Paper/Pencil Testing.
- Families that order their tests through CHOH’s Parent Portal will receive a 10% discount.
- The opportunity to participate in a multi-state pilot testing initiative.
Choose Online Testing for additional benefits!
BJU Press Testing & Evaluation is offering faster results with fewer requirements. Benefits of Online Testing include:
- testing results as quick as 10 days
- no shipping costs
- year-round testing
- testing administrator provided by BJU.
There are many benefits of having your child take a standardized test through CHOH and BJU.
PROTECT HOMESCHOOL FREEDOM
Establishing a Hawaii database of compiled scores lends credibility to the educational excellence of homeschool students. Because homeschooled students historically score very high, the larger the number of students tested, the more convincing our scores become to both legislators and the public.
Your participation is encouraged, not only for your own information, but to continue to safeguard our freedoms.
LEARN TEST-TAKING SUCCESS
Following directions, relaxing under pressure, pacing oneself, and completing work in an allotted time are all great skills that can be honed through taking tests.
Testing can be a valuable preparation for college entrance exams such as the ACT and SAT.
PROVIDE A BENCHMARK
Standardized tests indicate how your child compares academically to other children at his grade level.
WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
The charts of test scores shown to Hawaii legislators are combined scores of homeschool students statewide, never individual scores.
How do I participate?
Step One: Make a Testing Plan
Choose your dates and your type of test.
- View the 2023 Online Testing Schedule
- View the Online Testing Order Instructions
- View the Paper/Pencil Testing Order Instructions
Step Two: Order Your Test
Step Three: Take the Survey
- After assessments are purchased, your child(ren) will be assigned a 10-digit ID number. You will receive an email with a 10-digit ID number for each child you’ve purchased a test for.
- Return to Christian Homeschoolers Of Hawaii Academic Survey page and fill out the survey for each participating child before testing is completed.
- Surveys returned after testing will not be included in the study.